Thursday, November 17, 2011

Udon wa tabenai ka?

The Udon I ate on saturday...should have taken a picture before I ate all the toppings off. It had an egg and fried tofu and temupra shrimp...oh ya and a fish cake my friend said that she was just having fun watching what would come out of my bowl next. haha.
I woke up craving udon noodles today! uggg... lo and behold I am lacking in the udon noodle depato! Udon wa totemo oishii desu ne! This past saturday I was able to eat them though and for that I am greatful. I finally checked out a restaurant called East. I had read some pretty good reviews...but I was not expecting it to be the real deal! This place was so awesome. The atmosphere was great, the food was great, and being some of the only non asian customers was great! Seriously how many "asian" places do you go to and actually see asian families there? It was so wonderful I felt as if I had stepped into a portal straight back to Japan. I was even able to order my food in Japanese. If you live in the Knoxville area you must check out East. It is right next to fresh market in Farragut. If you are a beer lover it even has Kirin beer which is the brand my host mom Tomoko always tried to get me to drink *rolls eyes*. That woman was relentless, but never fear I didn't cave. (obviously I don't drink...ever)
This was my friend's Udon in japan after visiting the temple park.

And this was mine...obviously I was wanting to save my money but man it was worth it because fried tofu is so suteki!

No comments:

Post a Comment