Sunday, November 20, 2011

Nichi-yobi

Had a wonderful Sunday today. Little fact about me is that I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Being a member of this church really makes up a huge percent of who I am and how I look at my life. It also made a wonderful opportunity for me while staying in Japan.
The school I went to in Kanazawa (https://www.eurocentres.com/en/language-school-kanazawa)  was awesome for showing us the sights and basic cultural Japanese activities, but befriending other members of my church while I was there opened up the door to actual day to day life and fun friends. It was so awesome to be able to go on Sundays and though I was a beginner in the language I was able to feel the same spirit that I get to feel every Sunday here at my home ward. There was the same sacrament passed, the same Sunday school lessons taught, and the same group of relief society woman, with their happy faces, talking about how to better help their families and communities.
There were a few times when I would wake up late and I would have to throw my church clothes in my backpack and would run to the church. Those times I was even laughing at myself. I had to change in the bathroom that had no AC...was so humid haha. I am sure I looked like a hot mess.

Me and the missionaries at English class. (the boys are so silly)
My favorite part of going to the church was going on Thursday nights. Thursday was English class. That is where I had an epiphany...I love teaching English! lol. My favorite guy was this little old man who always wore an Aladdin tie and would sing Elvis songs to me. This is also how I met Tatsuya (my big crush).
 All in all I'm so grateful to be who I am and I am grateful that no matter where I go I can find a home.
A ward cookout that I was invited to. Also took Tomoko and Daria...Tomoko was confused as to why there was no alcohol there. haha. As usual Coolie is being a dork.

No comments:

Post a Comment