Saturday, November 19, 2011

kitte kitte nyan nyanchan!

Ojiisan
This little cat was so funny. After we were done visiting Ninja Tera ( ninja temple) we passed this little tourist shop and there sat the cat! He was so kawaii!!! It was like he was inviting us to enter but in the way an old Japanese man would...namely sort of gruff and tough, but kind. Even when we entered the store he followed us for a while, let me pet him, and then went and sat at the entry way again.
I noticed quite a lot of cats in Japan. From house cats to hello kitties, and even service signs.
Will take care of your packages like a mother cat takes care of her kitten (koneko).
Just chillin.
Daria spotted this guy out while we were walking to school one morning. He reminded me of my own orange neko, Tora. Tora actually means tiger. I'm so clever. I don't know how she saw him in the first place in the next picture you can hardly see him at all.
Can you spot waldo?


Cats are also very popular in pop culture and with kids. You could always tell if a girl lived in the house you were passing because their windows were always filled with Hello Kitties! You could find her anywhere!!! I even bought a now very faded, wash cloth with Hello Kitty and her twin sister dressed as geisha! There were tons of phone charms, key chains, and shirts with Hello Kitty on it. But the coolest Hello Kitty I saw was a gold covered, lucky cat, Hello Kitty coin bank! It was amazing!



No comments:

Post a Comment