Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Onna no Chikara


Hana Kimi- Just to try to push her idol back up to former heights she dresses as a boy and enrolls in an all boys school.

So quick update on my drama life...I am totally hooked on Hana Kimi! It is so cute and hilarious! I don't know why but I always seem to have a huge thing for girls dressing up as guys to try to accomplish something. Maybe it's the suspense of them getting caught, or maybe it's just them getting the guts to do it. I think I would be to pretty to try to pass for a boy. mwahahaha! One of my favorite Manga is called Girl got game. It is also about a girl disguising herself as a boy so that she can play for their team. It also tickles me to death when the guy they end up liking finds out that they are girls haha. I also love the  The Song of the Lioness Quartets by author Tamora Pierce. Now that cross dressing chick is my hero for sure! We also can not forget Mulan or Amanda in She's the Man. (classic! ) I really look up to these characters, who really strive to show that they are as good as any man or that they care enough for loved ones to hide who they are just to try and save them, or better them. I think at times we only think of Chikara, or power, in terms of masculinity, but over and over we see the chikara that women hold. Powers of love and perseverance. I know I have seen indescribable power over and over again, from single mom's, or women that have to take care of injured husbands and their families. That chikara is truly divine. I hope that the women around me never forget the special powers that we do hold. And though we may not enjoy the physical strength that men have, we do have Chikara.
My idol. Not only does she beat up the boys...but she looks good doin it!
Never give up on your dreams...even if you smell like a dude for a while.
Found new strengths and found a new sense of what I could expect from myself and from others. I found out that I don't have to be scared of greatness because it was inside of me all along.

No comments:

Post a Comment